Watermelon Mint Lemonade
Watermelon? is a delicious and refreshing fruit, helps you cool down from the summer heat. It has high water content and also highly nutritious and low in calorie. Fruit tastes delicious as is but here is the best way to make it super delicious by preparing a summer drink out of it. It is so refreshing and turns out to be a perfect cooler for summers.
If you are bored having the basic lemonade/nimbu pani!?! Here is a twist to basic lemonade by addition of watermelon. To give a refreshing burst of flavor, use the very popular herb-Mint Leaves, which is a good relaxant. Watermelon along with Mint leaves makes a great combination for a refreshing summer drink.
Wait! the lemonade is still not done. Yet to add the most nutritious seeds, the best body coolants, the seeds that are most nutritious when soaked in water and consumed. When soaked, the seeds get a nice soft-jelly like texture outside and crunchy inside with a bland flavor. Yes! you might have guessed by now, they are Sabja/Basil seeds, that are rich in antioxidant with numerous health benefits.
Check out the recipe of basic lemonade with sabja and its health benefits…
My lemonades are never complete without the addition of sabja. So make your watermelon lemonade drink more nutritious and refreshing with the addition of mint and sabja.
Did I miss to tell you about one more special addition to this juice? Its addition of black salt. Black Salt or Kala Namak is a popular cooling spice from India and is used as a laxative and digestive aid. Black salt is often added to drinks or salads or chats recipes. Just a pinch of black salt under the tongue is believed to be very helpful in treating nausea. It has a slightly sour flavor, so the addition of black salt to any drink would make it so refreshingly good. The drink would get an add-on health benefit with black salt.
Ready to slurp the goodness!?!
Watermelon Mint Lemonade with Sabja | ಸಬ್ಜಾ ಕಲ್ಲಂಗಡಿ ಪಾನಕ | Summer Special | Watermelon Cooler
- 1 tsp Sabja Seeds / Basil Seeds soaked in ¼ cup Water.
- 2 cups Watermelon chilled
- 5-6 Mint Leaves
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- pinch Black Salt
- Ice Cubes
- Soak a tsp of Sabja Seeds in ¼ cup water for about 10-12 mins.
- Blend watermelon, mint leaves, honey, lime juice, and a pinch black salt to smooth consistency.
- Pour into a chilled glass, add soaked sabja and ice cubes. Garnish with mint leaves and watermelon slice.
- Serve immediately or chill it for later use.
- BEAT the HEAT !!! with Watermelon Lemonade…
- Sabja Seeds are easily available in Indian or Asian grocery stores and are commonly known as Sweet Basil seeds, Falooda seeds or Turkmaria seeds.
- Add more or less lemon juice and sweetener according to your taste and preference.
- You could skip adding salt however adding a pinch of black salt enhances the flavor of watermelon lemonade.
- Other flavors you could try apart from mint leaves, is grated ginger/rose syrup.
- Flavor lemonade according to your choice and enjoy the Summer Drink! Stay healthy & hydrated!
If you want to know HOW TO SELECT & STORE WATERMELON, check out…
You could also try other Watermelon Coolers for this summer…
Check out other Beverages & Drinks…
- Mango Lassi
- Kiwi-Avocado Lassi
- Avocado Milkshake
- Strawberry Milkshake
- Dry Fruits Milkshake
- Papaya Lassi
- Sabja Lemonade
- Watermelon Mint Lemonade
- Watermelon Coolers
- Watermelon Strawberry Lassi
Tried this Recipe?
For more Quick & Tasty Recipes…
♥Stay in touch! Feel free to drop me an EMAIL and share your feedback. I will always respond.
Thank you and Happy Cooking!