Tandoori Chicken Drumsticks
check out other chicken recipes..
Enhance the flavor of your dishes with this homemade ginger garlic paste, as homemade is always best & healthy choice!! Check out Ginger Garlic Paste recipe here…
GINGER GARLIC PASTE RECIPE
Tandoori Chicken Drumsticks | ತಂದೂರಿ ಚಿಕನ್ | Oven-Roasted Chicken legs
- 6-7 Chicken Drumsticks Skinless
- 2 Tbsp Thick Yogurt /curd
- juice of ½ Lemon
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder (Kashmiri lal mirch)
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ginger-Garlic paste
- 1 Tbsp Tandoori Chicken Masala
- 1 Egg White
- 1 Tbsp Kasoori Methi
- Wash Chicken thoroughly using turmeric & salt. Pat dry.
- Make 3-4 Slits on each chicken drumstick pieces.
- In a large bowl, prepare marinade by mixing in curd, lemon juice, red chili powder, salt, ginger garlic paste, tandoori chicken masala, kasoori methi, and egg white.
- Apply marinade on the chicken thoroughly and into slits too. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Pre-heat oven to 450F. Spray oil on a baking tray, place the marinated chicken leaving space between them, spray oil on top of chicken and roast for 20 mins.
- After 20 mins, reduce temp to 350F. Flip all drumsticks and roast again for 20 mins.
- For a crispy Top, Broil on high for 5 minutes on both sides.
- Garnish with sliced onion, cucumber, and lemon, serve hot.
- Oven-Roasted Tandoori Chicken is Ready to Relish!!
- Traditionally Tandoori chicken is made in a cylindrical clay oven called a tandoor. Alternatively, try in the oven or you could even grill.
- Add a few drops of red food coloring for restaurant style looks, if desired. For me, the color from Kashmiri Lala Mirch works good enough.
- I use Sakthi brand Tandoori Masala powder, which already contains salt, so just check on the amount of salt you add if your masala already has salt in it. So, this recipe calls for just a ½ tsp salt.
- Marinate & refrigerate chicken overnight, so that chicken has plenty of time to soak up all that goodness. Marination is very important for tasty tandoori chicken.
- I usually marinate drumstick chicken pieces in bulk and freeze in batches in a freezer-safe ziplock bags, and use 1 bag at a time when needed. All you need is to thaw in the refrigerator/over the counter and roast in the oven, yummy chicken appetizer is ready when needed!
Tried this Recipe?
For more Quick & Tasty Recipes…
♥Stay in touch! Feel free to drop me an EMAIL and share your feedback. I will always respond.
Thank you and Happy Cooking!