Sabja lemonade recipe is nothing but the addition of sabja seeds to your basic lemonade/nimbu pani, which turns out to be a perfect cooler for summers. Sabja seeds are basically sweet basil seeds that are rich in antioxidant with numerous health benefits.
Sabja seeds are most nutritious when soaked in water and consumed. When soaked, the seeds get a nice soft-jelly like texture outside and crunchy inside with a bland flavor. They are one of the best body coolants, which is why people often add them to refreshing drinks like nimbu paani, sherbets, lassi, milkshakes, and even desserts or yogurts. The famous dessert-Falooda is incomplete without the addition of sabja.
It not only helps to cool the body but also aids digestion, helps to naturally detox your body and regulate smooth bowel movements, helps in treating skin infections and respiratory disorders.
Here are some of the sabja seeds benefits:
- Helps in Weight Loss
- Reduces Body Heat
- Controls Blood Sugar Levels
- Treats Acidity and Heartburn
- Relieves Constipation and Bloating
- For Healthy Skin and Hair
- Cures Cough and Flu
Sabja Lemonade | ಸಬ್ಜಾ ನಿಂಬೆ ಪಾನಕ | Nimbu Pani with Basil Seeds | Summer Drink
- 1 Tbsp Sabja Seeds or Basil Seeds (soaked in ¼ cup water)
- Juice of 1 large Lemon
- 3 Cups Water (chilled)
- 1 Tbsp Honey / Sugar
- 2 Cardamom / Elaichi (powdered)
- A pinch Salt -optional
- Soak a Tbsp of Sabja Seeds in ¼ cup water for about 10-12 mins.
- Meanwhile, take water in freezer safe bowl and put in the freezer.
- After about 10 mins, take out the chilled water and add in sugar, cardamom powder, lemon juice, and soaked Sabja. Mix well until sugar dissolves.
- Serve immediately in a tall glass with a spoon or stirrer for easy mixing and drinking, as Sabja gets settled in the bottom.
- Slurp the Goodness !!!
- Basil Seeds are easily available in Indian or Asian grocery stores.
- Replace sugar with honey or jaggery, also use more or less lemon juice and sweetener according to your taste and preference.
- To enhance the flavor of lemonade, add a pinch of salt.
- You could even flavor lemonade with mint leaves / grated ginger/rose syrup.
You might be interested to try these summer coolers…
- Mango Lassi
- Kiwi-Avocado Lassi
- Avocado Milkshake
- Strawberry Milkshake
- Dry Fruits Milkshake
- Papaya Lassi
Tried this Recipe?
♥ I’d love to hear from you! Please share your food photo with hashtag #kaviruchi on Facebook or Instagram so I can see it and others can enjoy it too!
For more Quick & Tasty Recipes…
♥Follow me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST and Subscribe to my YOUTUBE Channel.
♥Stay in touch! Feel free to drop me an EMAIL and share your feedback. I will always respond.
Thank you and Happy Cooking!