Red Capsicum Chutney
Capsicum/Bell peppers are a pack of antioxidants, that helps in reducing cholesterol and lowering blood sugar. Often called a versatile veggie that can fill out any dish without adding extra calories, great for weight loss.
If you are bored of the regular coconut or onion or tomato chutney, then capsicum chutney could be a great way to add veggies to your diet. Capsicum chutney is so flavorful, simple and tasty side dish, goes well with idly, dosa, sandwiches or any other breakfast dish.
Red Capsicum Chutney | ಕೆಂಪು ಕ್ಯಾಪ್ಸಿಕಂ ಚಟ್ನಿ | Bell Pepper Chutney
- 1 Red Capsicum (roughly chopped)
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Chana Dal
- ½ tsp Jeera / Cumin
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2-3 Dry Red Chili
- ½ Tomato (roughly chopped)
- Salt (to taste)
- A small piece Tamarind
- 1 tsp Oil
- ¼ tsp Mustard Seeds
- ½ tsp Urad Dal
- few Curry leaves
- a pinch Hing/Asafoetida
- In a pan/kadai, add 1 tsp oil, jeera, dry red chili, garlic, and roast on low-med flame for about a minute.
- Add in chopped tomato & capsicum. Saute until tomato is soft.
- Once capsicum is cooked, add tamarind and salt. Mix well, turn the heat off and let the mixture cool.
- Take the fried mixture in a mixie jar, add little water if required. Blend to a smooth paste.
- To season, heat a tsp oil in a pan, add mustard seeds once it crackles add urad dal, saute until golden, add hing and curry leaves. Pour this tempering over chutney and mix well.
- Serve with Idli, dosa, vada or several other breakfasts or steamed rice.
- Healthy chutney ready to relish!!
- You could also use green or yellow capsicum, the taste would differ.
- Add a small piece of tamarind(or could skip), as we have added tomato in the recipe.
- Adding roasted peanuts/sesame seeds would make chutney tastier.
You might want to try other chutney recipes…
- Watermelon Rind Chutney
- Red Capsicum Chutney
- Cabbage Chutney
- Radish Chutney
- Gongura Chutney
- Coconut Chutney
- Peanut Chutney
Tried this Recipe?
For more Quick & Tasty Recipes…
♥Stay in touch! Feel free to drop me an EMAIL and share your feedback. I will always respond.
Thank you and Happy Cooking!