DilPasand is one of the most delicious, yummy south Indian bakery treats. It is a flaky puff pastry filled with coconut, tutti frutti and baked to perfection. I wanted to give the traditional dilpasand a twist in my own style. By cutting out the coconut and adding OATS in place. It turned out very delicious. Try it, you’ll also love this healthy version of DilPasand.
Oats DilPasand | ಓಟ್ಸ್ ದಿಲ್ಪಸಂದ್ | DilKush Recipe | Puff Pastry with OATS Filling
- 1 cup Oats (Quick-Cooking Oats)
- 1 cup Coconut (shredded)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Mixed Nuts (chopped – Walnuts, Cashews, Almonds & Raisins.)
- ½ cup Tutti Frutti
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- 2 Puff Pastry Sheets
- 1 Tbsp Melted Butter
- Thaw the pastry sheets at room temperature for 30-40 minutes before using.
- Finely chop all the nuts of your choice and keep aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a pan, dry roast oats for a min on low-med heat.
- Add fresh grated coconut and roast for 2 mins.
- Next, add chopped nuts and fry for a min.
- Add in sugar and mix just until it melts.
- Add tutti frutti & cardamom powder, mix well. Transfer to a bowl & let the filling cool.
- Take thawed puff pastry sheet and cut 2 rounds, one bigger and other little small in size.
- Add filling over the big circle, place the small circle on the filling, fold over and seal it well using water. Press to flatten a little.
- Roll out the remaining pastry sheets and repeat the same procedure to make another dilpasand.
- Place the prepared dilpasand on a baking tray and brush melted butter on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 mins or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, you could make some pastry hearts with the leftover dough, dipped in sugar.
- Place them on the baking tray in halfway through. Re-apply some butter on dilpasand.
- Slice and serve warm.
- Used Quick-Cooking Oats for this recipe. You could use regular old-fashioned oats too, but roast for a min more and coarsely grind after roasting, if desired. Toasting oats (either the old-fashioned or quick-cooking variety) gives them crispy texture and slightly enhances the oat flavor.
- Use mixed nuts of your choice.
- Overcooking the mixture after adding sugar makes the filling hard. So cook for a min(just until sugar starts to melt).
- Brush pastry using milk/butter/egg white for crisp golden color & shine.
- Ovens temperature may vary so continue baking until the crust is golden brown or after 25 mins of baking, leave DilPasand in the hot oven for another 5-10 mins if still undone.
Tried this Recipe?
For more Quick & Tasty Recipes…
♥Stay in touch! Feel free to drop me an EMAIL and share your feedback. I will always respond.
Thank you and Happy Cooking!