Asparagus is a nutritious and tasty addition to any diet. It’s low in calories and a great source of nutrients, including fiber, folate and vitamins A, C, and K.
Additionally, eating asparagus has a number of potential health benefits, including weight loss, improved digestion, healthy pregnancy outcomes, and lower blood pressure.
Here is a simple sautéed healthy side dish with asparagus which is super delicious & easy to cook in less than 10 mins.
Garlic Asparagus | ಶತಾವರಿ ಪಲ್ಯ | Sautéed Asparagus | Healthy Stir-fry in Cast Iron
- 1 Tbsp Butter / Olive oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1 lb(½ kg) Asparagus, (tough ends trimmed)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Juice of ½ Lemon / Lime
- 1 Tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese (Optional)
- On a med-high heat melt butter in a skillet add garlic and sauté for a minute.
- Add asparagus, toss continuously for 8 mins(until asparagus is just tender), cover and cook in between for about 2 mins.
- Add salt & pepper as per taste, mix well.
- Lastly off the stove, squeeze in lime juice and give a mix.
- Garnish with grated cheese if needed & serve hot.
- Garlic Asparagus is Ready to Relish!!
- Do not overcook asparagus. Tastes good when crunchy.
- You could even bake in a 450°F preheated oven for 10-12 mins.
Tried this Recipe?
For more Quick & Tasty Recipes…
♥Stay in touch! Feel free to drop me an EMAIL and share your feedback. I will always respond.
Thank you and Happy Cooking!