Pakoras are an all-time favorite snack across India. It is basically a crisp fried appetizer prepared with onion, besan, rice flour along with some spices. Which evening would not be delightful with a cup of masala chai and pakoras!
How about pakoras with chicken? Yes! Pakoras with chicken taste absolutely delicious and can be an amazing evening chicken snack for kids or when guests are home or for parties.
Chicken in minced form is usually called kheema which is nothing but ground meat. Use minced chicken in kebab recipes. A kind of Indian meatball is made by blending minced chicken with breadcrumbs, an egg and spices then placed on skewers, and baked. Minced chicken can also be stir-fried rapidly with vegetables, mushrooms, Chinese spices, and Chinese sauces, then stuffed into lettuce or cabbage leaves. Apart from making the very famous Indian chicken kheema recipe, here is a quick appetizer with ground chicken.
Ground Chicken may be easily available in the supermarket, however, you would be happy to know how easy it can be made at home without a meat-grinder. And without worrying of chicken becoming a paste. Here is the process to easily make ground chicken at home…
HOW TO MAKE GROUND CHICKEN AT HOME?
What you need:
- A Food Processor or a Blender.
- Skinless and boneless Chicken breasts or thighs.
- Rinse chicken in cold water and pat dry thoroughly.
- Cut the chicken into 1-inch chunks.
- Lay the chicken chunks in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer for about 20-25 mins, the chicken should get firm but not frozen though.
- Put the chunks into a food processor or blender, in batches of about 10 at a time and pulse them until it resembles ground chicken.
- Use the ground chicken immediately or freeze until ready to use.
So, now you know how easily ground chicken can be made at home, so let’s get on to an easy appetizer preparation using this ground chicken.
It is very similar to our traditional onion pakoras but with additions of few spices to enhance the taste of ground chicken and prepared very similar to any other pakoras. Serve hot with a dash of chat masala on top along with tomato ketchup and green chutney.
Chicken Pakora can be an easy and quick appetizer for your weekend meal.
Do give a try. Pakoras with chicken are yummier than ever! Kids would love to munch on these chicken snack for evening.
Recipe Card for Chicken Pakora:
Crispy Chicken Pakora | ಚಿಕನ್ ಪಕೋಡ | Chicken Pakoda recipe | Easy Chicken Snack for kids | Chicken-Onion Bajji
- 1 cup Ground/Minced Chicken kheema
- 1 Onion thinly sliced
- 4 Green Chili finely chopped
- ¼ cup Rice Flour
- ½ cup Besan/Gram Flour
- ½ tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- ½ tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 spring Curry Leaves finely chopped
- Salt as per taste
- Oil to deep fry
- Thinly Slice 1 large Onion.
- Finely chop 4 Green Chili and 2 springs of Curry leaves.
- In a large mixing bowl, add thinly sliced onion and crumble to separate onion slices.
- Next, add in finely chopped green chili and curry leaves.
- Additionally add fennel seeds, chili powder, garam masala and ginger-garlic paste.
- Add in the ground chicken and mix well.
- Next, add besan(gram flour), rice flour and salt. Mix until everything is well combined to form a thick dough. The moisture from onions and chicken is enough to form a dough. Sprinkle little water only if required.
- On high flame, heat oil a pan/kadai for deep frying.
- Once the oil is hot, reduce the flame to medium and drop in small-ball sized dough mixtures into the hot oil one after other.
- Do not overcrowd oil, as the chicken pakoras need enough space to cook and turn crispy.
- Fry pakoras until they turn crispy and golden brown on medium flame, stir occasionally.
- Finally, remove to a colander lined with a paper towel.
- Follow the same procedure to fry the rest of the pakoras.
- Serve hot with a cup of chai. Sprinkle some chat masala on top before serving.
- Also, serve with tomato ketchup and green chutney for Kids evening snack.
- Munch the crunchy chicken pakodas!!
- Add more or less of the green chilis mentioned in the recipe, according to spice level required(or skip if making for kids).
- You could also add mint and coriander leaves to make more flavor full chicken pakodas.
- Use could also use Corn flour in place of rice flour for crispy pakodas.
- Do not add water, the moisture from onion and chicken is sufficient enough to form a dough. If needed sprinkle a very little amount of water.
- Deep fry and use the dough mixture immediately for crispy pakodas, oozes water if stored for a long time.
- Make sure to fry pakodas on medium flame, cooking on high flame might brown pakoras quickly but uncook chicken inside, also cooking on low flame makes chicken pakodas hard and chewy.
Enhance the flavor of your dishes with this homemade ginger garlic paste, as homemade is always best & healthy choice!!
Check out other chicken recipes…
Tried this Recipe?
♥ I’d love to hear from you! Please share your food photo with hashtag #kaviruchi on Facebook or Instagram so I can see it and others can enjoy it too!
For more Quick & Tasty Recipes…
♥Follow me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST and Subscribe to my YOUTUBE Channel.
♥Stay in touch! Feel free to drop me an EMAIL and share your feedback. I will always respond.
Thank you and Happy Cooking!