Chivda, a savory Indian snack usually prepared with poha. Try it with your kids’ favorite cheerios cereals, a healthy and tasty version of chivda.
Cheerios Chivda | ಚೀರಿಯೋಸ್ ಒಗ್ಗರಣೆ | Healthy Kids Snack | Cheerios Mixture
- 4 cups Cheerios
- 8-10 Garlic Cloves (crushed)-optional
- ¼ cup Dry Coconut (thinly sliced)
- ½ tsp Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp each : Sugar, Turmeric & Hing/Asafoetida
- ¼ cup each : Peanuts, Cashews & Dalia/Fried gram
- 1 cup Curry Leaves
- 4 tsp Oil
- Heat oil in a thick bottom pan or kadai, add crushed garlic. Fry garlic until light brown and crisp.
- Next, add in peanuts and roast until golden & crisp.
- Add cashews, dry coconut, Dalia/Putani and fry until golden & crisp. Make sure it does not burn. Keep sauteing continuously.
- Next, add in curry leaves and fry until crisp.
- On low-flame add salt, chili powder, hing & sugar give a mix.
- Add in cheerios and mix well. Roast for 2-3 mins on a low flame.
- Switch off the flame and let sit in hot pan for 2 mins or even more.
- Once cool store in air-tight container for weeks.
- Serve cheerios chivda as a tea-time snack.
- Crunchy Cheerios is Ready to Munch!!
- In this recipe i have used Oats cheerios. You could use any cereals of your choice.
- Skip adding sugar if using honey-nut cheerios.
- Multigrain cheerios is another healthy choice too.
- Serve cheerios chivda as a tea-time snack in evenings or pack it in kids snack box.
Tried this Recipe?
For more Quick & Tasty Recipes…
♥Stay in touch! Feel free to drop me an EMAIL and share your feedback. I will always respond.
Thank you and Happy Cooking!