Broccoli Egg Stir-Fry
Eggs ? are a very good source of inexpensive, high-quality protein and are considered to be one of the most nutritious foods in the world. Eggs are such a versatile food, goes well with any vegetable and enhances the taste of any dish with it. If you are bored of normal egg bhurji try it with an add-on veggie to it, for a more healthy and tasty version.
Broccoli Egg Bhurji is nothing but a combination of scrambled eggs and broccoli. Broccoli with egg is an awesome combination, makes a drool-worthy side-dish, filling and protein-rich food, good to go with steamed rice and rasam or chapatis/roti/bread. As broccoli needs less cook time, this side dish can be prepared in mins. This could be a quick breakfast recipe and also a perfect dish for the lunch box.
Broccoli ? is an edible green plant from the cabbage family whose large flowering head and stalk are eaten as a vegetable. Every part of broccoli, the stalk, small leaves, and florets are edible. Usually, broccoli is sautéed, steamed, roasted, or grilled. Broccoli is a healthy addition to your diet whether cooked or raw.
Broccoli is a nutritional powerhouse full of vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants. We all automatically think of citrus fruits when it comes to vitamin C, but did you know that broccoli provides an excellent source of vitamin C, a nutrient known to support healthy immune response. Broccoli is also a good source of vitamin k and calcium, two vital nutrients for maintaining strong and healthy bones. Broccoli is definitely a nutrient-rich vegetable that may enhance your health in a variety of ways.
Like all vegetables, broccoli has many different varieties. Regular Broccoli has a slightly bitter flavor compared to baby broccoli(Broccolini), which has more mild, with a sweet, earthy taste. And while regular Broccoli can be eaten raw, Broccolini is best when cooked. Today I am using regular Broccoli for making this bhurji.
My kids are not a big fan of broccoli. I somehow wanted to incorporate more broccoli in our diet. Luckily this method worked for me. Kids loved this combination of broccoli ? egg ?and I have no hard time giving broccoli to my kids. They even love it for their lunch box. It a great way to add this nutritious veggie to our diet, by making it more healthy, tasty and delicious. We like this bhurji as simple as in the recipe. But you could add spices like garam masala, crushed garlic, and chili powder to enhance the flavor.
Do give a try. Broccoli Bhurji is Egg-stremely delicious!!!!
HOW TO MAKE BROCCOLI BHURJI STEP BY STEP:
1.Cut the broccoli florets as small possible, to tiny florets(4 cups) and set aside.
2. Finely chop 1 onion and slit 5-6 green chilis.
3. Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a pan/kadai, add in 1 tsp chana dal and ½ tsp jeera/cumin. Sauté until chana is light brown.
4. Next, add the chopped onion, slit green chili and 1 spring curry leaves. Sauté until onions turn translucent.
5. Add 4 cups broccoli florets and salt as needed, give a stir and add ¼ cup water. Close lid and cook on med-high flame for about 3 mins.
6. Once broccoli is cooked, yet crispy(do not overcook), push broccoli to sides of the pan, break 4 eggs in between and sprinkle salt and pepper.
7. Continuously stir the egg mixture until thickens. Once the egg is almost cooked, mix with the whole broccoli mixture and sauté for a min.
8. Once done, switch off the flame and serve hot with roti/chapathi or as a side dish for steamed rice and rasam.
Healthy & Tasty Broccoli stir-fry is Ready to Relish!!
Broccoli Egg Bhurji | ಕೋಸುಗಡ್ಡೆ ಮೊಟ್ಟೆ ಪಲ್ಯ | Broccoli Stir-Fry | Broccoli Egg Poriyal
- 4 cups Broccoli cut into small florets
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 5-6 Green Chili slitted
- 1 Spring Curry Leaves
- ½ tsp Jeera/Cumin
- 1 tsp Chana Dal
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cut the broccoli florets as small possible, to tiny florets and set aside.
- Finely chop 1 onion and slit 5-6 green chilis.
- Heat oil in a pan/kadai, add in chana dal and jeera. Sauté until chana is light brown.
- Next add the chopped onion, green chili and curry leaves. Sauté until onions turn translucent.
- Add broccoli florets and salt, give a stir and add ¼ cup water. Close lid and cook on med-high flame for about 3 mins.
- Once broccoli is cooked, yet crispy(do not overcook), push broccoli to sides of the pan, break eggs in between and sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Continuously stir the egg mixture until thickens. Once the egg is almost cooked, mix with the whole broccoli mixture and sauté for a min.
- Once done, switch off the flame and serve hot with roti/chapathi or as a side dish for steamed rice and rasam.
- Healthy & Tasty Broccoli stir-fry is Ready to Relish!!
- Add more or less of the green chilis mentioned in the recipe, according to spice level required.
- Broccoli cooks very fast in mins, so do not overcook as it will turn mushy. Tastes best when crunchy with its shape retained.
- Broccoli is finely chopped for faster cooking and bhurji is tastier with tiny florets and scrambled eggs.
- You could also add spices like garam masala, crushed garlic, and chili powder to enhance the flavor.
You might want to try these other side-dishes….
- Poha Rasayana
- Broccoli Egg Stir-Fry
- Corn Salad
- Stuffed Brinjal – Instant Pot
- Instant Neer Dosa
- Oven Roasted Okra
- Oven Roasted Cauliflower
- Ridge Gourd Curry
- Garlic Asparagus
- Guacamole with Indian twist
- Salmon-Asparagus Packet
- Onion Tomato Cucumber RAITA
Tried this Recipe?
For more Quick & Tasty Recipes…
♥Stay in touch! Feel free to drop me an EMAIL and share your feedback. I will always respond.
Thank you and Happy Cooking!